Tuesday 17 April 2012

Uploading a custom favicon to Blogger (Updating my Blogger Template)




Blogger Buster Favicon

Back in June last year, the Blogger team enabled Blogger users to upload their own favicon to replace the default Blogger icon.



Initially favicons could only be uploaded if they had been converted into .ico format, though it's now possible to upload a square-shaped favicon in .png.gif or .jpg format as long as the file size is below 100kb.



I prefer to use this built-in feature instead of the methods I'd previously used to add favicons to my Blogger sites, particularly as the icon is hosted on the root of our domain (*.blogspot.com/favicon.ico or custom-domain.com/favicon.ico).



Since I have updated my icon as part of updating my Blogger template, I've documented my method (and troubleshooting) for others who are updating their Blogger templates.





Read more »

No comments:

Post a Comment